If you are interested in taking this class, please contact Kaye Joachim. The cost is $8.00, which includes the class fee and a kit. Kit includes pattern and tree templates.
At Home Instructions (Prior to Class)
Make your fabric tubes. Select one 2-1/2” x 42/44” fabric strip and one batting strip. Lay fabric strip wrong side up with batting on top of the fabric strip.
Fold the unit in half lengthwise and press. Open up and fold each side to the middle and press then fold in half again and press. This makes a tube. Sew to close or pin. The rest will be done in class.
To make both large and small trees
• Body Fabric - 13 strips 2-1/2” x 42/44”
• Binding Fabric - 6 strips 2-1/2” x 42/44”
• Batting - 13 strips 2-1/2” x 42/44” (use light to medium weight batting.)
• Matching cotton or polyester thread
• Embellishments (like buttons, beads, studded earrings, fairy lights just to name a few. I used jingle bells and tiny fuzzy balls)
• A jean needle 110/18 or at least a 90/14
• Scissors, mat, acrylic ruler, 60mm rotary cutter, tailors chalk or a good marker.
• Sewing Machine with a good zigzag stitch
Copyright © 2018 Flying Needles Quilt Guild, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder